What kind of information can you share if you are a teacher? The legal system regarding copyright in Norway is "Ã…ndsverksloven" (Copyright act). There are different kinds of Internet resource databases regarding copyright in Norway: 1) DelRett which have guidelines for sharing text, pictures, sound and film and 2) Clara. DelRett give an overview of digital resources you have free access to. Many of these resources are regulated by Creative Commons licences. By using this kind of licence you allow others to use your work as long as they give you credit for it, but you can restrict to what extent they can modify it.
Today I thought it would be a good idea to use the Moodle logo in the Moodlehjelp-blog so I sent Moodle.org this e-mail: "I'm a librarian at Nesna University college. I help students and staff using Moodle every day. I'm planning to make a blog in Norwegian telling students and staff at Nesna University college how to use Moodle; a kind of Frequently asked questions blog. It would be great if I could use your logo in this blog - http://moodlehjelphine.blogspot.com/." Hopefully I get a positive answer.
I did get a positive answer: "Trude, Thanks for getting in contact. No problem using the moodle name and/or logo for the purpose you describe. Good luck with your project!"
Reference list
Erdis, M. & A-K. Bjerke (2009). Juss for pedagoger. Bergen : Fagbokforlaget.
This was very useful, I' ll have to admit that untill now I have been quite uncertain about some of this!
ReplyDeleteToday I made a comment in http://trudeg1.blogspot.no/2012/02/blogging-as-tool-for-moodle-guidance.html about delogbruk.no. It is a very useful resource for teachers.
ReplyDeleteI think your statement that there is too little awareness in schools on this subject is correct. Education and information is clearly much needed. Hopefully your blog can contribute in that respect, so keep up the good work! Kari
ReplyDelete